Sunday, December 31, 2006

Harmonica Holder

I no longer have to bend over to grab a different harmonica or to set my microphone down. The constant up and down motion increased the chance of dropping my gear or setting off feedback screech. My new hand made harmonica holder has freed me from these afflictions. It attaches to a standard microphone standard sits at an angle. It's solid, being made from maple and mahogany. And its really beautiful. My friend Jay Pawar made it for me. It holds seven diatonics and one chromatic and has a hole for the microphone to sit in. This second picture shows of the texture of the two woods. The mahogany came for a 6' X 4' slab of wood that is over 100 years old. This slab was originally used as a base for a machine housed in a factory. So the wood has some history and has been touched by many souls. It really is something special.